A lot of subject matter experts expect the adoption of IFRS 9 to be challenging; hence, the need to get the right skills to efficiently apply the standard seamlessly. The three major domains to be considered while implementing IFRS 9 include measurement, impairment and hedge accounting:
• Classification and Measurement
• Classification under IFRS 9 for investments in debt instruments is driven by the entity’s business model and their contractual cash flow characteristics.
• A financial asset is measured at amortised cost if both of the following criteria are met:
• The asset is held to collect its contractual cash flows; and
• The asset’s contractual cash flows represent ‘solely payments of principal and interest’ (‘SPPI’)
• Based on Expected Loss Model
• Hedge Accounting
• New Hedge Accounting Guidelines
Let our experts show you the way; We have helped over 2,000 professionals achieve the Mastery of IFRS 9.
What makes this workshop unique:
• - Hand-on approach
• - Credit Risk Model template
• - Expert Facilitators
• - Real life case studies